Last Christmas, I was stuck for what to make as an easy side dish. My co-worker told me about these easy, amazing green beans, and I was all about an easy to make, easy to please side dish. I’ve made them for any gathering I’m supposed to go to, birthdays, potlucks, holidays. Literally everything.
Let me tell you, these are the easiest side dish and everyone will love them. EVERYONE. Constantly asked for the recipe, so I wanted to share.
- 2-3 cups green beans, about 16 ounces or 2-3 cups
- 5-6 strips bacon (regular, not peppered)
- a few pinches of brown sugar
- 1/2-1 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- Wash green beans, remove stems and cut into about 1-inch pieces. Par boil green beans.
- While water is boiling or green beans are boiling, cook bacon. Sprinkle brown sugar on bacon once in pan, and cook until just ready. Remove bacon and cut into small pieces, but keep bacon fat.
- Place green beans and almonds into bacon pan. Coat with bacon fat and return cut bacon into pan. Combine until warmed and coated. Serve immediately
Time: 10-20 minutes
Serves: 6-8 if you’re real hungry for beans