I had the biggest craving to make a lasagna for months. Last week I finally found the time and ingredients to go through with it! I looked over a few recipes, but in the end didn’t follow one.
Prep Time: 20 minutes max. Cook time: 45 minutes- 1 hour.
- 2 packages of firm tofu (mine were 12.3 oz.)
- 1 small container of ricotta cheese (about 15 oz.)
- 4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese (divided into 3 and 1 cup measurements)
- 3 medium zucchini
- A few drops of cooking oil (avocado, olive, vegetable… whatever you like!)
- No cook lasagna noodles (8 oz.)
- Pasta sauce (I used a 25.5 oz. jar but ran out of sauce and had to go buy more)
This is what I did:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice zucchini and heat in a pan with cooking oil until soft.
- Crumble firm tofu into a large bowl. Combine ricotta and 3 cups of mozzarella.
- In a glass pan (I used two round dishes, but any pan or dish will work) layer sauce, noodles, zucchini and filling into the pan. Continue until you run out of ingredients.
- Add remaining cup of mozzarella on top of lasagna. I added some parmesan cheese too, but that’s optional. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- When it’s done the cheese should be bubbly, melty and delicious looking. Enjoy!